Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Best Laid Plans

I made a run to Joanne Fabrics and stocked up on Vogue patters that were on sale. After going through my stash, I picked a couple of pieces of fabric to start working on.
This pattern I am going to make for myself. Mom sent me some blue wide-wale corduroy at some point in the past. (What do you make with wide-wale corduroy for an adult??). Since the blue herringbone wool isn't enough to make a jacket out of, I thought I'd pair it with the corduroy, and make the jacket out of the corduroy.

I picked out this cute Michael Kors dress pattern for this piece of lightweight wool. I thought it would be cute with jacket zippers as embellishments.




Also found in my stash is a quilt top that my daughter had made for a co-worker about 10 years ago. This will be easy to finish.






I got the trestle legs at IKEA, so that stash down is moving along.

2 comments:

  1. Wait---what are the trestle legs for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trestle legs are for a table top from the old house. It had two 2-drawer file cabinets holding it up, but with the cats peeing behind them, they rusted. The trestle legs and table top will replace the card table and allow me to rearrange the space and make it more usable.

    ReplyDelete