Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Winds of Change

As January and February blew past, my life took a new shift. Daughter No. 2 started dating and on the beautiful March day that I was looking into a senior residence for my mother, I got a phone call from her that she and C were engaged. How's that for being a member of the sandwich generation?

My days and evenings have been filled with wedding details: guest lists, invitations, dresses (I am not crazy enough to try and make wedding/bridal gowns). There was an engagement party that I self-catered. Again: guest lists, invitations, etc.

All in all, a very busy first half of the year. The wedding will be a great time for family and friends. My FIL  will, G-d willing, make it to the event. He fell a few weeks ago and broke his femur, but seems to be making great strides in rehab. My mom will come for the wedding and stay a few extra days to check out the places that I thought might be good for her to move to.

Maybe after all that excitement I can get back to the really important project: The Great Stash Down!

No comments:

Post a Comment